We are pleased to announce the official release of CasaOS v0.4.4! This new version brings exciting updates, including a brand new application store and a more convenient format for developers to showcase their apps using Docker Compose. With native Docker support and enhanced customization features, developers are encouraged to actively participate in the CasaOS ecosystem. In just one month after release of v0.4.4 alpha, our developers have contributed a wealth of new applications, alongside an impressive third-party contributor store.
Today, CasaOS v0.4.4 is officially available, offering CasaOS users a more comprehensive application store and additional user-friendly features. Here are the key highlights of this release:
- Added support for third-party app sources and app search
- Click on the time to switch between 12-hour and 24-hour formats
- Click on the CPU temperature to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Introduced tips for applications, allowing users to store passwords or access default passwords
- Integration with Dropbox and Google Drive
We would like to express our special thanks to the community developers WisdomSky and Cp0204 for contributing the third-party stores. CasaOS v0.4.4 users can easily access the third-party store source by visiting http://awesome.casaos.io and add it with just one click, enabling them to quickly access a wide range of diverse applications.
CasaOS is a community-driven open-source project, and every person involved is also a CasaOS user. We greatly appreciate the immense help and support from our community users in every update and version. On the occasion of the official release of version 0.4.4, we extend our sincere gratitude and respect to all contributors: @wisdomsky, @correctroad, @thomas-chauchefoin-sonarsource and @CP0204.
CasaOS v0.4.4 release includes the following added and fixed:
The application store has been fully upgraded with the addition of 30+ new applications, including support for composite applications.
- New applications: Adminer, Alist, ChatbotUI, Cloudflared, Databag, EmulatorJS, Handbrake, MariaDB, Memos, MineOS, Mongo, MongoDB4, Overseerr, Petio, PostgreSQL, Resilio-sync, Snapdrop, Stash,ChatGPT-Next-Web.
- You can add third-party app sources from one page ( the page link will be live ,align with 0.4.4 in this week), offering thousands of applications to choose from.
- Migrated from Docker-cli to Docker-compose.
- Added support for multiple languages.
- Added author type filters to the app store. （ credits: @WisdomSky）
- Supports assigning multiple applications to the same network.
- Added management of global environment variables, allowing injection of arbitrary environment variables into all CasaOS applications, such as OPENAI_API_KEY (credits: @CorrectRoadH).
- Added relevant subcommands for managing global environment variables (credits: @CorrectRoadH).
- Synchronized application list to the local system, providing more stability.
Potential issues (if concerned, please hold off on upgrading):
- Removed the settings, update, and clone functions for installed applications. Installed applications can not be updated or have their configurations changed, but their expected operation and data remain unaffected!
- Removed the feature of randomly assigning ports when there is a port conflict in applications.
- Removed the sorting function for applications in the application store.
- Removed the application cloning function.
- Changed the synchronization method between frontend and backend to socket.io, using socket.io communication throughout the application's lifecycle.
- Added a prompt feature to applications, allowing users to save passwords or query default passwords in the tips section
- Clicking on the time allows switching between 12-hour and 24-hour formats
- Clicking on the CPU temperature allows toggling between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Added the functionality to download system logs.
- Integration with Dropbox and Google Drive
Security Advisories（ Fixed）
- CVE-2023-37265: Incorrect identification of the source IP address.
- CVE-2023-37266: Weak JWT secret.
- Fixed a security vulnerability (credits: @thomas-chauchefoin-sonarsource @CorrectRoadH).
If you are still on an older CasaOS version, please do not expose your CasaOS to anyone you do not trust. See details by searching CVE IDs in https://github.com/advisories.
- Optimized some styles and aesthetics.
- Fixed sorting and other issues in the file list.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect paths when downloading multiple files.
- Fixed the forced JSON formatting behavior of the editor when saving files.
- Faster speed for app update checks.
- Adjusted fonts on the log, console, and other pages to match the native console.
- Merged the "Exited Applications" panel into the application list.
- Fixed the mounting issue when there are no partitions on the disk.
You can update by click or as follow （ if already v0.4.4alpha, please updated it by manual) :
Installation script ：curl -fsSL https://get.casaos.io/v0.4.4 | sudo bash
Update script ：curl -fsSL https://get.casaos.io/update/v0.4.4 | sudo bash
Try it and enjoy it!