Hey Users！CasaOS v0.4.4 Alpha Released now!
CasaOS - A simple, easy-to-use, elegant open-source Personal Cloud system, Community-based open source software focused on delivering simple home cloud experience around Docker ecosystem. The people involved are CasaOS users. That means CasaOS will always need contributions from community members just like you!
In order to continue to uphold the open source spirit of CasaOS, we have redeveloped the entire app store and application management in the CasaOS v0.4.4 version, adopted a new app store based on Git repositories, and brought native Docker feature support based on the application format based on docker compose, which made it easier for developers to launch the process and customize the features of the app store, and encouraged more developers to participate in the construction of CasaOS.
New App Store Features for CasaOS v0.4.4
Upgrade the old API-based app store to the new app store based directly on the Git repository
- App submission process = Git PR process
- Git syncs to local, eliminating the need for network connection when loading the app store, and improving the stability of app store loading.
- Enabling the deployment of third-party app stores significantly improves the fulfillment of user-specific needs.
Application format based on docker compose
- Standardized the application import and export format in the store, significantly simplifying the developers to customize and launch applications.
- From the old app store with single English to the new app store with multilingual support, benefiting CasaOS users around the world.
- Brought the support of native Docker features, such as: access to GPU, multi-container applications, etc.
Existing community standards replace CasaOS’s own appfile format
- Reduce the barrier of learning to launch applications in the app store
- Can directly import original docker compose without modification （No need Icon and description)
CasaOS v0.4.4 New Features
App store fully upgraded
- Store configuration synchronized to local
- Opened third-party store interface
- Added multilingual support
- Added author type filter to app store
- Migrated from Docker-cli to Docker-compose completely
- Changed the synchronization method between front-end and back-end to socketIO, and used socketIO communication throughout the application lifecycle
- Added tips feature to the application
- Changed several styles
- Fixed sorting and other issues
- Fixed the path confusion problem when downloading multiple files
- The check and update function no longer pulls the online version, making it faster
- The font of the log, console and other pages is adjusted to be consistent with the native console
- Merged the "exited App" panel to the application list
- Removed clone function
- Removed settings, update, and clone functions of docker-cli application
- Removed import and export functions of the docker-cli application
Use CasaOS v0.4.4 Alpha version now!
We warmly welcome CasaOS users to participate in the use of v0.4.4 alpha version and experience the possible new applications that will be launched every day. Alpha version experience method:
Install CasaOS v0.4.4-alpha
curl -fsSL https://get.casaos.io/v0.4.4-alpha | sudo bash
Update to CasaOS v0.4.4-alpha from older version
curl -fsSL https://get.casaos.io/update/v0.4.4-alpha | sudo bash
Uninstall CasaOS v0.4.4-alpha
We are very happy that as of now, we have received two APP applications contributed by two developers - Memos and MineOS. Memos is a flash note APP that can help users think at any time and build their own knowledge system. MineOS is a Minecraft server management tool that allows users to easily host Java or Bedrock servers.
Here, CasaOS Team expresses deep gratitude to the two developers - CorrectRoad and Chàra! We look forward to seeing more developers publish their useful applications to CasaOS, and we also look forward to more CasaOS users proposing your application needs to the community.
How to Contribute to CasaOS Community?
- Add Apps to CasaOS App store
- Writing Documentation
- Performing Alpha Testing
- Helping with Translations